May we introduce: The NT11 rods from Guideline. The legacy of Leif Stävmo, who not only developed the successful previous model in this series, the NT8, but has also been responsible for many of the best trout and salmon rods of the Norwegian brand since 2001. His masterpiece, which he passed on to Guideline on his retirement after many years of intensive rod building. However, these very special fly rods are not only the result of his decades of expertise, but also the use of the latest and most advanced graphite materials used in the modern aerospace industry. NT11 rods can therefore rightfully be called 'State of Art'!
The so-called C.A.P T1100 Technology is used for all NT11 blanks. This results in remarkable advantages. The most obvious effect is the amazing resilience and crispness of the blanks. In addition, NT11 rods are extremely light and yet extremely robust. This is made possible because Guideline has used the most modern graphite with the highest modulus for this rod series. No other rod in the history of Guideline combines such a low blank weight on the one hand with such a high breaking strain on the other. This is instantly evident in practice on the water! After the first few casts you can already feel how much life is in these rods and how sensitivity and power go hand in hand.
NT11 Trout fly rods are designed to be excellent all-round rods for fly casters at all levels of skill. And when you choose one of these rods with NT11 technology, you can expect nothing less than a high-end experience. All models in the range feature a cutting-edge, crisp and powerful mid-flex action with unmatched recovery speed. The feel is light and comfortable at the tip, but still stiff enough to be precise and push the load further into the blank, making them extremely stable and agile. These rods work progressively as you load them in the cast or drill. But: It also offers a distinct, remarkable kick in the lower part. When you push this rod hard, it works harder! It's as simple as that. And all this at a striking weight. The classic 5-piece rod weighs just 71 grams. That's more than impressive, Guideline!
- NT11 #4 9ft.: This 4-weight rod is a super versatile dry fly rod that can handle all leader sizes and different types of water. Its action is very smooth and handles big trout on fine leaders with ease. When casting, you can feel every part of the rod come to life as you put more load into the rod. The blank has a 3/4 deep flex, but is stiff enough to make the rod a dream for casters of all levels. This model can handle fast tempo changes and the unique material blend makes it very stable and crisp. At less than 70g it is one of the lightest single handed rods on the market!
- NT11 #5 9ft.: This 5-weight rod is exactly what a great all-rounder should be. This model focuses on all conventional dry flies and nymphs and streamers to be able to use it with a range of common leaders. The blank has a slightly stiffer lower section and feels more like a mid-flex compared to the 4 rod. In other words, characteristics that are required for bigger fish and a wider range of flies and fishing techniques. Pinpoint precision, nice and crisp action with great sensitivity in the tip for short and medium range fishing, power and backbone to serve flawlessly at distance - these are the strengths of these lightweight all-round fly rods!
- NT11 #6 9ft.: This 6-weight rod is designed to perform in more demanding weather conditions, with bigger flies and bigger fish. The flex in the rod is shorter than the other models and the blank has an even faster reset. In line with the typical use of this model, the rod makers at Guideline have equipped the 6s with a delicate Full Wells handle and Fighting Butt. This makes it even easier to fight larger fish and reels in higher line classes are optimally balanced. A power package that is a real pleasure not only when it comes to swinging a streamer!
C.A.P T1100 Technology:
The ultimate goal in fly rod design is to build a strong blank while making it extremely light. However, with a standard manufacturing process, there is a risk that a rod will break too easily if it is light and thin-walled. Also, it often becomes too heavy if it is built too strong. The characteristics and performance of Guideline NT11 rods are therefore difficult to replicate, because Norwegian specialists use the best available materials along with the best available manufacturing and reinforcement technologies to achieve an ideal structure in the blanks.
All NT11 rods use an ultra-elastic 46T Low Resin material that allows them to create feather-light blanks with a crisp feel that greatly enhances sensitivity. Layers of T1100 graphite with extremely high tensile and compressive strength are added to both the inside and outside of the 46T material, creating an incredibly strong foundation for unmatched blank performance, durability and reliability. In addition, Guideline uses a carbon scrim material with a proprietary CAP (Complex Axial Pattern) with 0, 45, 90 and -45 degree cross construction structure. This results in lightning fast recovery speed, increases casting distance and improves compressive strength. High strength graphite reinforced with TORAYCA NANOALLOY® resin improves durability and increases rod life.
The special nano-material of these rods prevents damage from external shocks, internal stresses or fatigue, as the blank flexes and relieves stress repeatedly during casting and fish fighting.
In short, the material properties of Guideline NT11 blanks can be described in these simple words. Extreme durability, light weight and unusual recovery speed.
- Ultra-light, modern single-handed fly rods
- Innovative T1100 CAP technology for uncompromising strength, performance and reliability
- Blanks have a matt satin finish with a carbon grey coating, giving the rods a timeless and classy look
- Handle made of beautiful FLOR cork for extra durability
- Fighting Butts of the higher line classes are reinforced with powder cork
- Lightweight titanium stripping guides
- Robust single leg eyes made from the highest quality stainless steel with titanium coating
- All reel seats are designed by Guideline's research and development team and have a hard anodised and highly scratch resistant semi-matt finish
- All rings are wrapped in amber thread
- Neatly finished highlights and decorative wraps in Rusty Orange
- Each rod is supplied with a lightweight and robust rod bag made from 4-way stretch nylon
- Rod tubes are made from lightweight polycarbonate with a tough polyester fabric cover and natural leather logo patch
- Four piece design
NT11 - The Masterpiece of Leif Stävmo;vmo
„On adh-world, rod building legend Leif Stävmo introduces you to the special features of Guideline's NT11 fly rods. What is the secret behind the C.A.P T1100 Technology and how could he use the special features of this new material for the development of these single- and double-handed rods? Find out more now.“
|Class||Length||Weight||Casting Weight||Handle||Transport Length|
||9 ft (2,74 m)
||69 g||10 - 12 g||Half Wells||78 cm|
||9 ft (2,74 m)||71 g||12 - 14 g||Half Wells||78 cm|
|# 6||9 ft (2,74 m)||79 g||14 - 16 g||Half Wells/Fighting Butt||78 cm|
The Scandinavian cult brand Guideline offers almost everything that you need for fly fishing. In addition to modern rods and reels, this impressive selection also includes high-quality wading clothes and all kinds of accessories. In fact, all Guideline products have one thing in common: They combine a practice-oriented design with an outstanding value for money. This applies for all price levels – from entry-level to premium models. Furthermore, Guideline places great emphasis on sustainability, which leads to eco-friendly production methods and an inspiring company philosophy.