The Rio Outbound Short Shooting Heads are designed to carry large, wind-resistant or weighted flies over long distances even in stormy weather. Basically they are the transformation of the popular Outbound lines, towards a shooting head system. A great solution for sea trout, sea bass and pike!
The progressive shooting heads have a length of 30 ft (9.1 m) and a short, very aggressive front taper that changes into a thinner back taper to quickly charge the rod and then ensure a longer shot time/flying time of the line. The shooting heads are designed for use in cold saltwater and are used very successfully for fishing sea trout and sea bass. However, without any restrictions you can also use these shooting heads in freshwater, for example for pike fishing. Because here too, the progressive taper of the Rio Outbound Short Shooting Heads has a very positive effect. In short: A universal shooting head for all those who want to get far away in adverse conditions!
- XS (Extreme Slickness): Smooth lines have many advantages, such as less frictional resistance in the rings, less dirt on the surface and less wear. In short: More casts - permanently! The latest generation of lines is equipped with Rio's exclusive XS technology and thus offers an especially smooth coating, which we fly fishermen really appreciate
- Easy Line ID for fast and clear identification
- Density Compensation: The coating of the sinking heads adapts to the diameter of the line and gives it an even, horizontal sinking phase, thus avoiding that the thicker end of the line/weft head sinks faster than the tip. This results in a better presentation of the fly and a higher success ratio when striking the fly.
- Already welded loops at the line ends
- Progressive taper design for quick rod loading and extended line flight time
- Short, aggressive head for heavy and windy flies
- Optimised for saltwater/coastal fishing
- Very recommendable also on pike
- Length: 9,1 m
- Colour: Clear
- Sink rate: Intermediate (3,8 - 5 cm/sec)
|# 7||17,2 g (265 grain)||9,1 m||Intermediate (3,8 - 5 cm/sec)|
|# 8||20,4 g (315 grain)||9,1 m||Intermediate (3,8 - 5 cm/sec)|
||24,2 g (375 grain)||9,1 m||Intermediate (3,8 - 5 cm/sec)|
||27,5 g (315 grain)||9,1 m||
Intermediate (3,8 - 5 cm/sec)