The Brand Bajio Sunglasses offers a stylish collection of high-quality polarised sunglasses which are specifically designed for fishing. These glasses are among the best on the market due to their impressive optical performance. According to the slogan “see more, catch more” they allow a breathtaking view into the underwater world – both in fresh and saltwater. In addition, throughout the selection of materials and the manufacturing process great emphasis is placed on sustainability. Thanks to this company philosophy all products from Bajio Sunglasses are completely CO2 neutral!
The Vega is a sporty glasses, with a slightly wider frame and close-fitting "8-base wrap style" that fits securely on the head and looks great. This practical and also stylish design prevents light from entering from the side and causing glare. This is a huge advantage in situations with a lot of light and a constantly changing angle to the sun. Thanks to its very lightweight and extremely sturdy frame made of bio-based nylon, it inspires with its vanishingly low weight. Combined with the rubberized nose pads, this makes for excellent wearing comfort - even after hours on the water. At the same time, this medium-sized glasses with its wide fit is particularly suitable for medium to large heads.
Furthermore, these glasses also set new standards in terms of optical performance. Due to the innovative LAPIS™ technology, they block 95% of the blue light with a wavelength of 440 nm and the majority of intense yellow light at its peak of 580 nm. In other words: significantly more than the glasses of the competition. This reduction of the distracting light provides impressive clarity and it prevents eye fatigue, which allows you to fish longer and more effectively. Combined with one of the best polarization layers on the market, this creates a truly impressive view – both above and below the surface of the water. Therefore, it is hardly surprising that most fishermen are astonished by their truly remarkable optical performance. Further, since these lenses are made of glass, they offer maximum visual clarity and an impressive resistance against scratching. In addition, these mirrored lenses have the relatively light all-round colour “Yellow Mirror”. This color is suitable for a wide range of different "low-light" lighting conditions and is one of the most popular in Europe! Whether on a cloudy day at the coast or in the middle of a shady forest at the local running water, the yellow glass perfectly brightens the surroundings and offers a first-class view into the water, like no other glass under low light.
Details about the Vega frame:
- Very light and extremely robust frame with a sporty design
- “8-Base wrap” fitting style with slightly wider temples in the front
- Design of the frame perfectly blocks the light coming from the side
- Generous non-slip rubber nose pads for outstanding wearing comfort and a perfect fit
- Rubber temple tips for a secure hold
- Made of plant-based materials and bio-based nylon which is better for the environment and 10 times stronger than petroleum-based plastic
- Frame size: L – ideal for medium-sized to large heads!
- Frame fit: wide
- Frame width: 140 mm
- Bridge width: 15 mm
- Temples length: 145 mm
- Size of the lenses: 63 x 45 mm
- Colour of the frame: Black Matte
- Comes with a premium cleaning cloth and a stylish case made of plant-based cactus leather with a 100% cotton lining
- Packaging and instruction manual made from 100% recycled paper and printed with sustainable algae-based ink
Details about the Yellow Mirror Glass lenses:
- High-quality lenses made of glass
- Innovative LAPIS™ technology for a significant reduction of the distracting light and impressive clarity
- Premium polarization layer for a breathtaking view into the underwater world
- Oleophobic lens coatings on both sides for easy cleaning and reliable scratch protection
- Colour of the lenses: Yellow Mirror Glasses – a relatively light, high-contrast colour with a visual light transmission (VLT) of 22% and a great all-round performance!
All about Bajio's sustainably produced polarized sunglasses for fly fishers on adh-world.
„The Spanish word “Bajio” (pronounced “Bah-hee-oh”) describes all kinds of shallow water zones – for instance saltwater flats, gravel banks and the shore areas. These areas often function as “nurseries” where the young fish are born and raised. Therefore, they play an important role for the entire ecosystem. In favour of the environment, the brand Bajio Sunglasses is dedicated to the preservation and renaturation of these areas.“
On adh-world we explain how polarized sunglasses work and what to keep in mind when purchasing a new pair.
„Polarized sunglasses play an important role in fly fishing. They not just protect the eye from erred flies or streamers and dangerous uv-radiation, but also reduce glare from the surface and help you spotting fish and reading the water more effectively.“
The Brand Bajio Sunglasses offers a stylish collection of high-quality polarized sunglasses which are specifically designed for fishing. These glasses are among the best on the market due to their impressive optical performance. According to the slogan “see more, catch more” they allow a breathtaking view into the underwater world – both in fresh and saltwater. In addition, throughout the selection of materials and the manufacturing process great emphasis is placed on sustainability. Thanks to this company philosophy all products from Bajio Sunglasses are completely CO2 neutral!