Fishing for Huchen, the "Alpine Salmon" and Mongolian Taimen have one thing in common: extremely short feeding windows, which require tireless and concentrated casting for one long-awaited bite. Easier said than done, because large, weighted streamers and fast sinking tips are not easy to fish and complicate this already exhausting method of angling, often with winter temperatures - but if all goes well, the reward is all worth it!
The Taimen Titanium V2 Switch was developed by Vision in cooperation with the Austrian Huchen specialist Peter Oberwimmer and was tailored to the exact requirements of this fishery with regard to its action and hardware. The very fast action and tight handling of the Taimen Titanium Switch allows for fatigue-free casting and lifting of large streamers on the end of short-headed lines, including heavy sinking tips. The strong backbone provides control during the fight of strong Salmon and gives you great insurance against the hard-fighting Huchen. Extra-large titanium guide rings and titanium Flex Recoil snake rings counteract rapid icing of the line and rings. The deep blue blanks come in a length of 10ft and 11ft, in line classes #13-14 which can launch 45-50g shooting heads and full lines without fail. Rubbercork-finished switch rod grips and the all-rubber cork under grip underscore the high-impact overall look of the Taimen Titanium Switch.
A real powerhouse that can handle the strongest Salmonids that inhabit European and Asian waters!
- Switch fly rod designed for Huchen, Taimen, and other large fish
- Action: extra fast
- Strong backbone with large power reserves
- Fatigue-free casting of large streamers and heavy sinking tips
- 4-piece construction
- Length: 10ft & 11ft (305 & 335cm)
- Line Classes: #13-14
- Recommended Line Weight: 45-50g
- Extra-large Titanium guide rings
- Titanium Flex Recoil Snake Rings
- Aluminum screw reel seat with aluminum spacer
- Blank Color: deep blue
- Delivered in a sturdy transport tube with fabric lining