The Biocraft XR series consists of the most technologically advanced fly rods ever produced by Shimano including the so-called Biocraft Fly Nymph - a rod specifically designed for nymph fishing after trout and grayling in rivers and creeks. It has an excellent price-performance ratio, so it can easily compete with much more expensive rods.
This modern rod has a Biofibre blank that incorporates the best Shimano technologies. It is made of a Nano carbon sheet which is connected to the organic Biofibres via the innovative HPC (High Pressure Carbon) technology. This complex manufacturing process minimizes imperfections which makes the blank extremely resilient. In addition, the so-called Diaflash technology provides a direct power transmission while casting and fighting fish. Therefore, this rod combines lightness with an impressive power reserve, which allows you to fight large fish. Further, due to its wonderful medium-fast action, it is a real pleasure to cast.
This modern rod has a lightweight Biofibre blank, which is equipped with the best technologies of the house Shimano. It consists of a nano-carbon mat that is bonded to the organic Biofibre fibers using innovative HPC (High Pressure Carbon) technology. This complex manufacturing process minimizes potential weak points, which gives the blank extreme resilience. In addition, it features the so-called Diaflash construction method, which ensures excellent power transmission in casting and in the drill. Thus, this rod inspires with a fantastic ratio of lightness and power, which gives it the necessary power reserves for the drill of capital fish. At the same time, it is a real pleasure to cast with its medium-fast action. In addition, its high-quality components are perfectly matched to the particular model. Their guides consist of lightweight and robust Fuji SIC K-Type guide rings and Seaguide XSFG-L insert rings. In addition, the reliable Seaguide RFS reel seat keeps your reel securely in place - even when the going gets tough.
Thanks to its very responsive casting characteristics the Biocraft XR Nymph makes precise casts much easier and the rod length allows for very accurate presentation of nymphs, even in faster water. With its characteristics and performance, the rod seriously pressures the high-priced competition. This modern rod allows for maximum flexibility and enjoyment on the water. Thus, it is a good choice for price-conscious fly fishers who are looking for a versatile rod!
- Modern fly rod with an outstanding value for money for nymphing after trout or grayling
- Medium-fast action with outstanding casting properties – a real pleasure to cast!
- Lightweight Biofibre blank with the best Shimano technologies
- Nano Sheet technology: A significantly stronger and lighter blank made of a Nano carbon sheet with a special weave. This structure makes it possible to use a low amount of resin which is spread into very small nano particles throughout the sheet. This creates an impressive combination of lightness, strength and responsiveness.
- Innovative HPC (High Pressure Carbon) technology: This is a process which creates stronger, more responsive blanks. High pressure is applied to the blank surface during curing (heating) which evenly distributes the resin through the carbon fibre matrix. This process creates a much stronger, more consistent blank without imperfections.
- Diaflash technology: a proven way of constructing a rod that provides a direct power transmission while casting and fighting fish
- High-quality Fuji SIC stripping guides and Seaguide single leg guides for minimum friction and high line speeds
- Reliable Seaguide reel seat with a modern design
- Ergonomically shaped half-wells handle made of high-quality cork
- Supplied with a nice velvet rod sock and a rod tube
|#2||9,8 ft (2,95 m)||3||103 cm|
|#3||10 ft (3,05 m)||3||106 cm|
|#5||10 ft (3,05 m)||4||106 cm|
Probably no other brand has had such a great impact on modern fishing as Shimano. The Japanese manufacturer regularly revolutionizes modern spinning reels, always aiming for perfection. Countless technologies have contributed to lighter, more durable and more powerful reels that are used all over the world in the most diverse situations. However, Shimano does not focus exclusively on reels: Also, rods, lures, lines and many other accessories are manufactured according to the same standards and enjoy unbroken popularity. Shimano stands for quality and innovation like almost no other manufacturer and is for good reason one of the most popular and trusted brands in the world.