Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
When you buy this rod, you can choose the matching Fario Tactical line class in the shopping basket as a free bonus.*1
After the huge success of the saltwater-ready LPX Coastal, it was only a matter of time before the rod makers at Guideline added more models to the popular series. With the latest members of the LPX family, chief developer Leif Stavmo has outdone himself and created rods for almost all facets of modern fly fishing. This includes the universal 9 foot models of the Guideline LPX Tactical. Ideal for our backyard fishing for Trout, Grayling, Barbel and other popular species.
The LPX Tactical from Guideline are ultra-light fly rods with fantastic balance and a very low swing weight. These models are very versatile due to their 9 ft (2.74 m) length and combine high quality materials and excellent features for modern fly fishing with dry flies, nymphs and streamers. The Guideline LPX Tactical is packed with high-end features and components to satisfy even the most demanding fly fishers. Thanks to Guideline's advanced C.A.P M4.0 blank construction technology, these rods are incredibly light and have an action that takes fly casting to the next level at all distances. The lightest model weighs just 65g! The feel of the rods is extremely sensitive and allows you to use the smallest patterns and finest leader tips. The tip is very sensitive and the rod gets stronger towards the bottom. The different parts of the rod engage very gently the more force you apply to them. This makes the drill more effective against larger fish without compromising fine leaders. The recovery speed of the LPX Tactical Blanks is at the highest level, without vibrations and with great stability in all directions. This ensures incomparable precision when casting and gives the good feeling of being connected to the whole rod.
The attractive characteristics of the medium-fast blanks (slightly faster than the 99 models) are complemented by many features that testify to Guidelines' practice-oriented expertise. These include the selection and arrangement of the rings or the use of a high-quality reel seat with a beautiful wooden inlay. The light feel in the hand, the fantastic balance and the low swing weight of these universal rods will allow you to fish for hours on your creek or river.
- LPX Tactical 9 ft # 2: The first choice for ultra-fine fishing with small dry flies and nymphs on the creek and river. More feeling is not possible! Due to the length of 9ft. this model is suitable for many different casts. Fighting a fish with this rod really gets you in the mood!
- LPX Tactical 9 ft # 3: A more versatile rod for fine fishing with dry flies or weighted nymphs. If you need a bit more power and also have to reckon with bigger trout and grayling, then this is the rod for you.
- LPX Tactical 9 ft # 4: The most universal model in the LPX Tactical series! Not only can you cast larger dry flies and tungsten nymphs, but you can also fish a Trout streamer more effectively. You don't need to be afraid of big Brown Trout and Grayling beyond 50cm.
- LPX Tactical 9 ft # 5: The most powerful rod in the series for river fishing. If you just want to cover everything and need plenty of power reserves, then you are well advised to go for the classic in line class 5. This model offers a faster action than the classes 2 and 3.
C.A.P M4.0™ Technology
With the C.A.P M4.0™ technology, Guideline offers a series of fly rods that feature impressive performance coupled with flawless recovery and unparalleled precision. C.A.P Technology features a Complex Axial Pattern (CAP) paired with unidirectional carbon fiber layups. In CAP, layers of carbon fibers are placed in varying angles to each other to maximize strength and stability in all directions. In a unidirectional non-woven carbon pattern, all fibres run in a single, parallel direction ensuring maximum strength lengthwise. M4.0 ™ is the resin Guideline use in this type of blank construction. The properties of this resin fill the gaps in the carbon cloth more effective than normal resins and has greater strength. It also decreases the overall need for resin in blank construction. Resulting in lighter Guideline rods than ever before.
- Modern fly rods with advanced C.A.P M4.0 blank construction Technology
- Superb combination of casting performance and effective fish-fighting properties with thin tippets
- Blanks have a matte coated finish for stealthy fishing without throwing reflexes from sun
- Natural grey blanks with a slight tint of green
- Dark green wrappings with light golden metallic trims
- Grips are fitted with Super Grade Cork of high density and with very little fill
- Reel seats with premium wood inserts with engraved 'Tactical' logo
- Hard anodized metal parts in matte finish to avoid throwing flashes from sunlight
- Custom designed locking nuts and sliding hoods contribute to the extremely low weight of the rods
- Titanium stripper guides with zirconia inserts
- Single leg guides and tip guides are PVD coated in a semi-matte gun smoke finish, a strong, lead-free, non-toxic finish
- GL ECO-Tech ™, no grinding of blanks that produce harmful dust at production facility
- Low Toxic Resins: Glues and varnish on the rods have a very low content of harmful substances, which leads to a healthier worker’s environment
- Delivered with recycled polyester rod bags in a strong Polypropylene tube that also has a recycled polyester fabric cover
- 4-pcs Design
Our Test on adh-world
„With the latest members of the LPX family, chief developer Leif Stavmo has outdone himself and created rods for almost all facets of modern fly fishing - and we have tested them for you!.“
|Class||Length||Casting Weight||Weight||Handle||Transport Length|
||9 ft (2,74 m)||5 - 7 g||65 g||Half Wells||78 cm|
||9 ft (2,74 m)||7 - 9 g||67 g||Half Wells||78 cm|
||9 ft (2,74 m)||9 - 11 g||69 g||Half Wells||78 cm|
||9 ft (2,74 m)||11 - 13 g||71 g||Half Wells||78 cm|
The Scandinavian cult brand Guideline offers almost everything that you need for fly fishing. In addition to modern rods and reels, this impressive selection also includes high-quality wading clothes and all kinds of accessories. In fact, all Guideline products have one thing in common: They combine a practice-oriented design with an outstanding value for money. This applies for all price levels – from entry-level to premium models. Furthermore, Guideline places great emphasis on sustainability, which leads to eco-friendly production methods and an inspiring company philosophy.
as set Guideline Elevation T-Pac Travel Nymph Single Handed Fly Rod