After the huge success of the saltwater-ready LPX Coastal, it was only a matter of time before the rod makers at Guideline added more models to the popular series. With the latest members of the LPX family, chief developer Leif Stavmo has outdone himself and created special rods for almost all facets of modern fly fishing. This includes the powerful, saltwater-compatible Guideline LPX Tactical Seatrout & Lake, which we use both on the Baltic Sea and for demanding stillwater fishing. And of course for presenting heavy streamers with sinking lines on larger rivers!
The LPX Tactical from Guideline are very light fly rods with a fantastic balance and a very low swing weight. These models are very versatile due to their 9 ft (2.74 m) length and combine high quality materials and excellent features for modern fly fishing with all fly types. The Guideline LPX Tactical is packed with high-end features and components to satisfy even the most demanding fly fishers. Thanks to Guideline's advanced C.A.P M4.0 blank construction technology, these rods are incredibly light and have an action that takes fly casting to the next level at all distances. The tip is very sensitive and the rod gets stronger towards the bottom. The different parts of the rod engage very smoothly the more power you apply to them. This makes the drill more effective against bigger fish without compromising fine leaders. The recovery speed of the LPX Tactical Blanks is at the highest level, without vibrations and with great stability in all directions. This ensures incomparable precision when casting and gives the good feeling of being connected to the whole rod.
The attractive features of the fast blanks (slightly faster than the 99 models and the models in the low line classes) are complemented by many equipment features that testify to Guidelines' practice-oriented expertise. These include the selection and arrangement of the rings or the use of a high-quality reel seat with a beautiful wooden inlay. The light feel in the hand, the fantastic balance and the low swing weight of these universal rods will give you hours of fishing on the coast, lake and river.
- LPX Tactical 9 ft # 6: The first choice for windy conditions when Trout fishing on the river or for presenting weighted, large Trout streamers. Above all, a great rod for demanding stillwater fishing and lighter Sea Trout fishing on the Baltic Sea. An absolute powerhouse!
- LPX Tactical 9 ft # 7: A versatile rod for Sea Trout fishing on the Baltic Sea with plenty of power for long casts in strong winds. Even heavily weighted streamers fly towards the horizon without any problems with this rod! In contrast to the line class 6, the 7 rod features a Fighting Butt.
C.A.P M4.0™ Technology
With the C.A.P M4.0™ technology, Guideline offers a series of fly rods that feature impressive performance coupled with flawless recovery and unparalleled precision. C.A.P Technology features a Complex Axial Pattern (CAP) paired with unidirectional carbon fiber layups. In CAP, layers of carbon fibers are placed in varying angles to each other to maximize strength and stability in all directions. In a unidirectional non-woven carbon pattern, all fibres run in a single, parallel direction ensuring maximum strength lengthwise. M4.0 ™ is the resin Guideline use in this type of blank construction. The properties of this resin fill the gaps in the carbon cloth more effective than normal resins and has greater strength. It also decreases the overall need for resin in blank construction. Resulting in lighter Guideline rods than ever before.
- Modern fly rods with advanced C.A.P M4.0 blank construction Technology
- For fresh- and saltwater
- Superb combination of casting performance and effective fish-fighting properties with thin tippets
- Blanks have a matte coated finish for stealthy fishing without throwing reflexes from sun
- Natural grey blanks with a slight tint of green
- Dark green wrappings with light golden metallic trims
- Grips are fitted with Super Grade Cork of high density and with very little fill
- Reel seats with premium wood inserts with engraved 'Tactical' logo
- Hard anodized metal parts in matte finish to avoid throwing flashes from sunlight
- Custom designed locking nuts and sliding hoods contribute to the extremely low weight of the rods
- Titanium stripper guides with zirconia inserts
- Single leg guides and tip guides are PVD coated in a semi-matte gun smoke finish, a strong, lead-free, non-toxic finish
- GL ECO-Tech ™, no grinding of blanks that produce harmful dust at production facility
- Low Toxic Resins: Glues and varnish on the rods have a very low content of harmful substances, which leads to a healthier worker’s environment
- Delivered with recycled polyester rod bags in a strong Polypropylene tube that also has a recycled polyester fabric cover
- 4-pcs Design
|Class||Length||Casting Weight||Weight||Handle||Transport Length|
||9 ft (2,74 m)||13 - 15 g||73 g||Half Wells||78 cm|
||9 ft (2,74 m)||16 - 18 g||82 g||Full Wells + Fighting Butt||78 cm|