Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
After the huge success of the saltwater-ready LPX Coastal, it was only a matter of time before the rod makers at Guideline added more models to the popular series. With the latest members of the LPX family, chief developer Leif Stavmo has outdone himself and created special rods for almost all facets of modern fly fishing. This includes the powerful Guideline LPX Predator Perch & Zander, which we take great pleasure in using for predator fishing on lakes, canals and rivers.
The LPX Predator from Guideline are powerful predator rods with fantastic balance and a very low swing weight. These models combine high quality materials and excellent features for modern predator fishing with streamers of all kinds. The Guideline LPX Predator is packed with high-end features and components to satisfy even the most demanding fly fishers. Thanks to Guideline's advanced C.A.P M4.0 blank construction technology, these rods are incredibly light and have an action that takes fly casting to the next level at all distances. The tip is very fast, while the rod becomes more powerful towards the bottom, with plenty of reserves for big fish. The bending curve is designed so that you can easily cast even big or heavy streamers. The different parts of the rod engage very gently the more power you apply to them. This also makes the drill more effective against larger fish. The recovery speed of the LPX Predator Blanks is at the highest level, without vibrations and with great stability in all directions. This provides unparalleled precision when casting and gives the good feeling of being connected to the whole rod. A rod that won't tire you during hours of casting and can easily cope with strong winds.
The attractive properties of the fast blanks are complemented by many features that testify to Guidelines' practice-oriented expertise. These include the selection and arrangement of the rings (larger titanium stripping guides, robust snake guides) or the use of a hard-anodised reel seat made of durable aluminium. The high quality cork handle has extra length and a reinforced EVA foam end for added durability, as with Guidelines LPX Coastal rods. The light hand feel, fantastic balance and low swing weight of the LPX Predator will give you endless hours of fun fishing for Pike and other predators.
- LPX Predator 9 ft # 6: An ideal choice for Perch or Asp fishing, casting streamers of all kinds and fishing with floating lines and light sinkers. We love this model because it has a very high fun factor and yet is strong enough to drill big fish quickly and effectively.
- LPX Predator 9 ft # 7: A powerful rod that we like to use with sinking lines for Zander. It can also be used very well as a back-up on the coast for Sea Trout fishing. Even strong wind and adverse conditions are no problem for this fast powerhouse.
C.A.P M4.0™ Technology
With the C.A.P M4.0™ technology, Guideline offers a series of fly rods that feature impressive performance coupled with flawless recovery and unparalleled precision. C.A.P Technology features a Complex Axial Pattern (CAP) paired with unidirectional carbon fiber layups. In CAP, layers of carbon fibers are placed in varying angles to each other to maximize strength and stability in all directions. In a unidirectional non-woven carbon pattern, all fibres run in a single, parallel direction ensuring maximum strength lengthwise. M4.0 ™ is the resin Guideline use in this type of blank construction. The properties of this resin fill the gaps in the carbon cloth more effective than normal resins and has greater strength. It also decreases the overall need for resin in blank construction. Resulting in lighter Guideline rods than ever before.
- Modern Predator rods with advanced C.A.P M4.0 blank construction technology
- For fresh- and saltwater use
- Powerful and stable action with fast flex and recovery to handle bulky and wind resistant flies
- Glossy coated deep rusty-brown colored blanks with matching brown wrappings
- Very light rods with low swing-weight that lets you fish long brutal hours
- Super grade quality cork grips with EVA front reinforcements to stand the test of time and hard days on the water
- Matte black hard anodized reel seats with PREDATOR logo to ensure thickest and hardest layer of protective anodizing possible
- Lightweight and corrosion-resistant Titanium stripper guides with zirconia inserts
- PVD coated guides in a semi-matte gun smoke strong finish without toxic lead.
- Sturdy snake guides
- GL ECO-Tech ™, no buffing of blanks that produce harmful dust at production facility
- Low Toxic Resins: Glues and varnish on the rods have a very low content of harmful substances, better working environment
- Delivered with recycled polyester rod bag in a strong polypropylene tube that also has a recycled polyester fabric cover
- 4-pcs Design
|Class||Length||Casting Weight||Weight||Handle||Transport Length|
||9 ft (2,74 m)||13 - 15 g||94 g||Full Wells + Fighting Butt||78 cm|
||9 ft (2,74 m)||17 - 19 g||96 g||Full Wells + Fighting Butt||78 cm|
The Scandinavian cult brand Guideline offers almost everything that you need for fly fishing. In addition to modern rods and reels, this impressive selection also includes high-quality wading clothes and all kinds of accessories. In fact, all Guideline products have one thing in common: They combine a practice-oriented design with an outstanding value for money. This applies for all price levels – from entry-level to premium models. Furthermore, Guideline places great emphasis on sustainability, which leads to eco-friendly production methods and an inspiring company philosophy.