With the GR80 Comp Special, the product developers from Greys present a successor to their long-standing successful model for demanding stillwater fisheries. This rod also relies on the proven Powerlux Blank, which has also been updated for the new generation. The highly modulated "3M Powerlux 1000 Resin" combines speed with power - exactly what one expects from a rod for long casts on large bodies of water. Due to the length of the rod, in addition to Trout fishing in stillwater fisheries - from the shore, boat or bellyboat - this series is also excellent for Sea Trout fishing and can be used on smaller Salmon rivers just as well. The blank is lightweight, yet offers a lot of power, which you need for fighting heavy, strong fish. The GR80 allows for high line speeds and the tightest loops, which can cut through strong winds. Over all casting distances, this rod shines with precise presentations and shoots your line to the horizon with ease.
The GR80 Comp Special is equipped with a chrome-plated guide ring, single-leg Recoil rings and a hand-crafted reel seat with a double lock-nut that keeps your fly reel safe and secure. Section markings on each of the four sections facilitate precise ferrule alignment. The AAA cork grip completes the performance appearance of this series perfectly. In short: Although designed to meet the specific requirements of Competition Fishing on the Lake, Greys GR80 Comp Special is a rod that has many uses in modern fly fishing.
- Single-hand rod with fast action
- 3M Powerlux 1000 Resin Carbon Blank
- Markings on blank for ferrule alignment
- Single-leg Recoil guide rings
- Class AAA cork and composite hybrid grip
- Full Wells grip with fighting butt
- 2-piece anodized aluminum reel seat with carbon insert
- Cordura transport tube with subdivisions for the individual rod pieces
- 4-piece construction
- Rod tube length: 83cm (9.6ft model) / 89cm (10ft models)
|7||9,6 ft (2,90 m)
|7||10 ft (3,05 m)
|8||10 ft (3,05 m)
= Class = Length = Weight