Though ArcticSilver fly rods might appear unusual at first, their truly outstanding performance will easily convince the biggest critics due to their brilliant casting and fish fighting properties. All of these rods have one unique feature in common: the so-called Free-Flex-System including the Quick-Lock reel seat – a patented design that allows the blank to swing inside the handle. And thanks to the Fonna Single Handed Fly Rod, from now on this impressive performance is also available in the middle price range!
First of all, the Free-Flex-Handle and the freely swinging blank allow impressive casting distances and they provide a direct contact from the rod tip to the handle – and therefore, from the fish to the fisherman. But there’s more to it than that, because this system noticeably reduces fatigue, which makes long fishing days even more enjoyable. And of course, this design perfectly matches the characteristics of the modern and sanded 40T carbon blank. Its medium fast action provides this rod with very appealing and smooth casting properties that allow extremely precise presentations. In the meantime, the patented Quick-Lock reel seat will hold your reel securely in place. Further, its modern handle is very comfortable, extremely durable and impressively light. And last but not least, the titanium stripping guides with ceramic inlay and the lightweight hard chrome plate snake guides will let your line glide to the horizon with hardly any friction.
The impressive performance of this rod shows how much it has in common with ArcticSilver’s top-of-the-line-model, which proves its great value for money. In short: The Fonna Medium/Fast Action is an outstanding all-round rod with very appealing casting properties that allow a precise and smooth presentation. Therefore, it’s an absolutely great choice for all kinds of trout streams!
- Modern fly rod with an innovative design from Norway
- Cutting-edge, sanded 40T carbon blank with stylish, black wrappings
- Medium fast action with very appealing casting properties and lots of “feeling” due to the Free-Flex-System
- Patented Free-Flex-Handle for long-distance casting with less fatigue and for a direct contact to the fish
- Handle made of high modular carbon-based materials (40%) with extreme strength and low weight
- Easy to handle Quick-Lock reel seat, which is CNC-machined and made out of 6061 aluminium
- Titanium stripping guides with ceramic inlay
- Lightweight hard chrome plate snake guides
- All aluminium components are hard anodized
- Alignment dots
- Every part of the rod is specifically labelled
- Supplied with high-quality rod tube and rod sock
- Named after the Norwegian glacier “Fonna” or “Folgefonna” and therefore it has a triangular glacier symbol above the handle
|486-4 (medium fast action)
||4||8,6 ft (2,62 m)
||Free-Flex||4||11 - 12 g|
|590-4 (medium fast action)
||5||9 ft (2,74 m)||Free-Flex||4||12 - 13 g|
First of all, the Norwegian manufacturer ArcticSilver is known for a truly innovative range of fly rods. All of these rods have one unique feature in common: the so-called Free-Flex-System including the Quick-Lock reel seat. This patented design allows the blank to swing inside the handle, which creates outstanding casting and fish fighting properties. In fact, ArcticSilver offers many different models that are suitable for a variety of different fly fishing disciplines – whether casting delicate dry flies for trout or massive streamers for large predators. In addition, ArcticSilver also presents a large selection of modern fly lines that have a very thin diameter due to their so-called Micro Diameter (MD) design. This design allows record-breaking casting distances thanks to minimum friction in the rod guides and hardly any air resistance. In fact, these advantages are not only noticeable in combination with an ArcticSilver fly rod, but also with rods from other manufacturers.