Vision goes Premium!
Vision started the XO project in 2013. Their goal was to make a rod that exceeds all the rods they have made so far in every aspect. In cooperation with guides and professional fly fishermen worldwide a lot of different combinations of materials and actions werde tried and tested to the bone. Good was not good enough – XO had to be as close to perfect as possible. Besides, the brand also wanted to add something that tells about their origins from Finland.
We tried the rod ourselves on several occasions and we can state: Yes, the XO is the best rod Vision ever built and it's their entry ticket to the premium market.
Craftmanship and components used are first class. The natural unsanded and unpainted blank delivers a fast action with high recovery speed and is made of a brandnew silica nano resin combined with a mix of different carbon fibres. Furthermore the XO features a wooden insert for which Vision used tough Curly Birch from their home country. A up-locking precision machined aluminium reel seat and high density cork match the noble finish perfectly. Titanium stripping guides from American Tackle Company go hand in hand with robust but lightweight single leg REC nickel titanium alloy snake guides.
Overall you find four different models, designed for all major scenarios you might encounter in freshwater fishing. The feel and lightness of the small #8 doublehanded rod is evident from the first second it is picked up. It is at home on small to medium sized salmon, seatrout or steelhead rivers. To the #10 rod for tough situations like strong winds and big rivers.
- Natural unsanded and unpainted blank for the best action
- Novel silica nano resin combined with a mix of different carbon fibres
- Finnish Curly Birch wooden insert
- Up-locking precision machined aluminum reel seat
- High density cork with rubber cork reinforcements
- Patented single leg REC nickel titanium alloy guides
- Titanium stripping guides from American Tackle Company
- Supplied in a custom aluminium tube with engraved metal end caps together with a cloth bag
- Designed and developed in Finland
- 4-piece models
- 10 years warrenty
|7||12,8 ft (3,90 m)
||Scandi: 26g - 34g Skagit: 520gr (33,7g)||186 g|
|8||13,6 ft (4,15 m)
||Scandi: 30 - 38g Skagit: 580gr (37,6g)||217 g|
|9||14,4 ft (4,40 m)
||Scandi: 34 -42g Skagit: 650gr (42,1g)||246 g|
|10||14,8 ft (4,51 m)
||Scandi: 38 - 46g Skagit: 710gr (46,0g)||262 g|
|10||15,4 ft (4,69 m)||Scandi: 38 - 46g Skagit: 710gr (46,0g)||292 g|