The Primal Rhythm is a modern double-handed fly rod with an outstanding value for money. It will easily please demanding fly fishermen due to its proven construction and high-quality components at a very competitive price.
It has a lightweight high modulus carbon blank that features the modern UHC, LMS and LNR technologies. Thus, it has a medium-fast action with great casting properties that are very suitable for beginners. Therefore, it is very easy to cast, which is great for both beginners and experienced casters. In addition, the blank of this rod has a matt black finish for a stealthy appearance along the river. Further, its reliable aluminium reel seat with a modern design will hold the reel securely in place. And its ergonomically shaped handle made of high-quality cork provides this rod with a very pleasant feel. Last but not least, your line will glide through the high-quality guides with hardly any resistance, which allows good casting distances. Due to its compact length of 11 ft, it is absolutely perfect for casting shorter Scandi and Skagit heads. Therefore, it’s a great choice for swinging flies in smaller salmon and sea trout rivers. In addition, the lowest line class is also great for targeting trout with streamers. In fact, it allows you to fish all kinds of streams with a lot a vegetation and limited casting space in a very effective way.
In short: The Primal Rhythm combines very appealing casting properties with high-quality workmanship and a stylish design. It allows beginners a successful entry into the exciting world of light double-handed fishing, and also experienced casters will appreciate this fantastic rod!
- Light double-handed fly rod for targeting trout, salmon and sea trout in rivers
- Medium-fast action with powerful casting properties that are very suitable for beginners
- Lightweight high modulus 55MSI carbon blank
- Ultralight Helical Core (UHC): a lightweight blank construction with a helical core, which provides the blank with great hoop strength and stability while bending
- Low Mass Scrim (LMS): a special low mass scrim technology that maximises stability and hoop strength without dampening the rod via adding additional weight like traditional glass scrims
- Longitudinal Fibre Alignment (LNR): a special alignment of the important longitudinal fibres that are aligned along the length of the blank providing the rod with more feel, improved energy flow throughout the cast and fast recovery rates
- Stripping guides with ceramic inlay and lightweight single leg guides
- Ergonomically shaped double-handed handle made of high-quality cork with a composite cork part for great durability
- Reliable reel seat with modern design
- Matt black finish for a stealthy appearance
- 4-piece design
- Supplied with cloth rod bag and Codura rod tube with a carrying strap for safe transportation
|Class||Length||Transport Length||Casting Weight|
|# 4||11 ft (3,35 m)||93 cm||approx. 14 - 16 g|
|# 6||11 ft (3,35 m)||93 cm||approx. 18 - 21 g|
The manufacturer Primal Rod Company from New Zealand is known worldwide for producing modern fly rods that are very popular. This large selection includes a variety of different models – for both fresh and saltwater fishing. In fact, all of them have one thing in common: They combine a fantastic performance and an outstanding value for money. Further, they have a very appealing design. In addition to versatile all-round rods, Primal also presents very specialised rods with a specific field of application – for instance for modern short-line nymphing techniques. Therefore, this large selection includes the right fly rod for almost every type of fishing at a very competitive price.