The names behind the brand NAM are not unknown to the fly fishing scene: Marcus Bohlin, Johan Sönderberg und Mikael Andersson (Mr. “Banana Fly”). No wonder that these rods are designed 100% practice-oriented and are convincing on all ends. Fresh design ideas and modern rod building technologies are incorporated in these rods, combined with state-of-the-art carbon fiber materials. This also includes the Epic Waters Edition! These 6-piece two-handed rods were developed in close cooperation with Epic Waters, who run first-class lodges in British Columbia and are true experts when it comes to spey casting and steelhead. The NAM Epic Waters two-handed rods were tested intensively on the banks of the world-famous Skeena River and have made the leap back to Europe.
Epic Waters Edition
The 6-piece blanks of these two-handed rods have been made from a unique graphite blend with incredible tensile strength and are comparable to the blanks of NAM's popular REN rods. The medium to deep action in the main body of the blank provides a balanced casting feel. The result: absolutely consistent control when casting with a wide variety of two-hand line systems. Even heavy skagit set-ups and short sink tips, as they are often used on steelhead, are mastered by the Epic Waters rods with flying colours. The blank works from tip ring to handle, making fatigue-free casting with minimal effort not only possible, but a breeze. Whether you prefer a skagit style for powerful casts with little backspace, or want to deliver your fly a little more discreetly: The powerful resilience of the special carbon compound allows for very long and precise casts.
The modern blank of the Epic Waters presents itself in a rich, black finish. Perfectly crafted and with the utmost attention to detail. The chic blank is constructed with ultra-light but robust snake rings and a stable guide ring, of course made of titanium. The cork handle is, as we already knew from the previous NAM rods, one of the best on the market. Delgado cork in absolute top quality, which fits perfectly in the hand and stands the test of time with bravura. The black anodised aluminium reel seat rounds off the harmonious, traditional Scandinavian overall look of the rod wonderfully and is complemented by a spacer made of precious wood.
Travel-loving fly fishers can be particularly pleased because the NAM Epic Waters two-handed rods come in a travel-friendly, 6-piece design and can therefore be safely stowed in your luggage.
- Epic Waters 6127-6: This rod loads very deep and with a lot of feel. It is specially designed for lighter lines and fishing with smaller patterns or dry flies for steelhead in summer. In Europe we use it for sea trout in the river or on small salmon rivers.
- Epic Waters 7127-6: The most versatile rod in the series! With this model you are equipped for many different situations and cover everything from dry flies to hair wings on steelhead. You can use it with any line system and fish our European waters for sea trout and salmon on small and medium sized rivers.
- Epic Waters 8117-6: With winter steelhead fishing in mind, this shorter, powerful rod is the tool you need to lift heavy sinkers and the biggest flies. At the same time, the rod offers a super amount of feel that you need for reliable feedback in the swing. Our first choice for salmon and sea trout fishing in tight spaces!
- Modern two-handed rod for Steelhead, Sea Trout and Salmon
- Extremely lightweight, high performance blank
- For absolute control during casting
- Low swing weight
- Titanium snake guides
- Titanium stripping guides
- Premium Delgado cork handle
- Polished reel seat in black anodized aluminum
- 6-piece: ideal for traveling
- Color: black
- High-quality sheath
- Black aluminum rod tube
Warranty: NAM provides a free 2-year warranty on defective parts from the date of purchase. After these two years, defective parts will be replaced for a flat rate of 90€ per part (or 120€ per handpiece) for single handed rods. This service is guaranteed until at least 5 years after the end of the respective rod series.
A few words about the new “Delgado” cork:
Strictly translated the word “Delgado” means thin or slender. These thin barked trees are not as common as the thick bark trees making it very rare and highly sought after. Since the cork bark is naturally thinner and denser it has many advantages over the thicker cork bark.
Advantages with Delgado:
- The pores are much smaller so there is almost no need for filler material at all.
- No need for rubber-cork endings making the handle even lighter and still very durable.
- Thanks to the slower growth speed of the “Delgado” trees, the density of the cork material itself is slightly higher resulting in increased transmission of vibration between the blank and the cork, giving you better direct contact with the rod
It’s green with Delgado Cork:
It regenerates every 9 years, so it is completely renewable. Not only is it renewable, but harvesting the cork bark is actually beneficial to the tree itself in terms of lifespan because if left unharvested the cork bark can grow too thick and choke the tree resulting in premature death. Harvesting the cork don’t just allow the tree to live longer, stripping the bark also increases the amount of CO2 it can absorb from the air. So, it’s truly a win-win for the environment. The glue that is used has no solvents or harsh chemicals in it and is also 100% Eco-Friendly.
|6127-6||6||12,7 ft (3,87 m)|
|7127-6||7||12,7 ft (3,87 m)|
|8117-6||8||11,7 ft (3,56 m)|
Nám - Ein altes Norwegisches Wort für 'lernen', das bis heute in Island Verwendung findet. Und 'gelernt' haben die Macher hinter dem jungen Skandinavischen Brand bereits sehr viel. In kürzester Zeit! Wie kaum ein anderer Hersteller hat Nám es geschafft, sich so schnell einen guten Ruf in der Welt des Lachsfischens zu erarbeiten. Mit modernsten Materialien und einem frischen Geist haben die Rutenbau-Experten aus Schweden und Norwegen praxisorientierte Geräte entwickelt, die am Lachsfluss zu 100% überzeugen.