Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
LPX Chrome fly rods are a very special addition to the LPX family from Guideline. Here, chief developer Leif Stavmo has outdone himself and developed special rods for fishing for silver-blank fish: Trout, sea trout, steelhead and salmon. The high-quality rod range also includes the LPX Chrome T-Pac Double Handed models, which we take great pleasure in using when searching for fresh silver on medium-sized and large running waters. The travel-friendly design makes these models the first choice for fly fishers who have to make their way to the salmon river by plane or who are concerned about a minimum pack size.
These 6-piece double handed travel rods have been designed and built with a brand new Guideline rod action. They work deeper out of the blank and offer more power that kicks in earlier in the cast without compromising the rods speed. They offer a lightness, stability and responsiveness that connects you to the rod in a whole new way during the cast. LPX Chrome DH rods are powerful and designed for river fishing for salmon, sea trout and steelhead. A premium fly rod with a ton of features rarely found at this price.
The secret behind the distinct rod action is Guidelines C.A.P M4.0™ technology. An advanced carbon layup that creates a unique rod flex that packs a punch. The action is best described as medium fast, progressive and with quick recovery. The tip section has great stability for forming tight loops and the power to lift heavy sinking lines off the water. When casting, you are easily connected to the bottom section of the rod, resulting in a remarkable kick/catapult effect at the stop, allowing long casts with little power. The unique lateral stability of the LPX Chrome ensures that the fly line follows the rod extremely well. This leads to more precise casts, higher line speed and tighter loops. A truly new action that will set the standard for Guidelines future fly rods.
All LPX Chrome DH rods are equipped with a specially designed, hard anodised reel seat with CHROME logo and a FLOR quality cork handle with rubber-cork reinforcements. Another highlight are lightweight and corrosion-resistant titanium stripping guides with zirconia inserts that are extremely robust. The glossy coated, deep teal/grey coloured blanks come with matching decorative wrappings and offer a very modern look. In short: Both in terms of the components used, as well as in terms of design and casting performance, the LPX Chrome fly rods set a new standard. First-class spey rods for your sea trout, steelhead and salmon fishing. Thanks to a wide range of different lengths and rod classes, you can cover all situations on the river with this series.
- LPX Chrome 12,3 ft # 6/7: A really light and shorter two-handed rod. Designed for use in small to medium sized rivers when a smooth presentation on shy fish is important. Yet powerful enough to handle larger fish and flies as well as different types of lines and casts. A super choice not only for small salmon rivers but also for sea trout.
- LPX Chrome 12,6 ft # 7/8: An increasingly popular model. Ideal for small to medium sized rivers - e.g. like in Iceland or Denmark. An ultra-light rod with excellent stability and response that you can cast for hours with ease.
- LPX Chrome 12,9 ft # 8/9: This rod works in a variety of rivers from small to medium. Perfect for those summer days with medium to low water. A rod that connects you to the cast in a whole new way. One of our favourites!
- LPX Chrome 13,9 ft # 9/10: If you're looking for a rod that does it all - this is it! Lightweight and a crisp, medium-fast flex with plenty of power. Designed to handle any casting style and anything from sinking to floating lines and all types of flies.
- LPX Chrome 14,9 ft # 10/11: The perfect tool for spring fishing when the rivers are cold and high and large flies and heavy sinking lines are used. Yet these rods are incredibly light, stable to cast and responsive. Our favourite for spring salmon fishing in Norway and Sweden.
C.A.P M4.0™ Technology
With the C.A.P M4.0™ technology, Guideline offers a series of fly rods that feature impressive performance coupled with flawless recovery and unparalleled precision. C.A.P Technology features a Complex Axial Pattern (CAP) paired with unidirectional carbon fiber layups. In CAP, layers of carbon fibers are placed in varying angles to each other to maximize strength and stability in all directions. In a unidirectional non-woven carbon pattern, all fibres run in a single, parallel direction ensuring maximum strength lengthwise. M4.0 ™ is the resin Guideline use in this type of blank construction. The properties of this resin fill the gaps in the carbon cloth more effective than normal resins and has greater strength. It also decreases the overall need for resin in blank construction. Resulting in lighter Guideline rods than ever before.
- Modern switch rods with advanced C.A.P M4.0 blank construction technology
- For fresh- and saltwater use
- Medium Fast action with a blank construction that generates a fast recovery speed
- Versatile rod action that manages all types of lines
- Super light rods with low swing-weight that lets you fish long hours without fatigue
- Glossy coated deep Teal/Grey colored blanks with matching Teal wrappings
- FLOR grade quality cork grips with rubber-cork reinforcements to stand the test of time and hard days on the water
- Matte-Grey/Teal hard anodized reel seats with CHROME logo to ensure thickest and hardest layer of protective anodizing possible
- Lightweight and corrosion-resistant Titanium stripper guides with zirconia inserts
- Guides are single leg and PVD coated in a semi-matte gun smoke finish
- Strong finish without toxic lead
- GL ECO-Tech ™, no buffing of blanks that produce harmful dust at production facility
- Low Toxic Resins: Glues and varnish on the rods have a very low content of harmful substances, better working environment
- Delivered with recycled polyester rod bag in a strong polypropylene tube that also has a recycled polyester fabric cover
- 6-pcs Design
Our Test on adh-world
„LPX Chrome fly rods are a great addition to Guideline's huge LPX family. Here, chief developer Leif Stavmo has outdone himself and developed special rods for fishing for silver fish: Trout, sea trout, steelhead and salmon. In this video we take you to the Stjordal in Norway and introduce you to these powerful two-handed rods together with Steffen Granbo from the Guideline Team.“
|Class||Length||Casting Weight||Weight||Transport Length|
||12,3 ft (3,75 m)||25 - 27 g / 385 - 416 grains||182 g||72 cm|
||12,6 ft (3,84 m)||28 - 31g / 430 - 480 grains||186 g||75 cm|
||12,9 ft (3,93 m)||32 - 35 g / 490 - 540 grains||197 g||76 cm|
||13,9 ft (4,24 m)||37 - 40 g / 570 - 620 grains||212 g||80 cm|
||14,9 ft (4,54 m)||43 - 47 g / 660 - 720 grains||253 g||85 cm|
The Scandinavian cult brand Guideline offers almost everything that you need for fly fishing. In addition to modern rods and reels, this impressive selection also includes high-quality wading clothes and all kinds of accessories. In fact, all Guideline products have one thing in common: They combine a practice-oriented design with an outstanding value for money. This applies for all price levels – from entry-level to premium models. Furthermore, Guideline places great emphasis on sustainability, which leads to eco-friendly production methods and an inspiring company philosophy.