Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
In addition to the extremely popular Beast Fly Rods, the Norwegian manufacturer ArcticSilver developed the MD Compact Beast Fly Line. This line combines the most advanced line technologies with an innovative design, which allows you to cast very large flies with ease.
Its truly outstanding casting performance is based on a very compact head design. This enables efficient casting with a minimum number of false casts, which is a huge advantage for fishing large flies, deep wading and fishing from a belly boat. In addition, the compact head provides a strong turnover, which allows you to cast large pike streamers with ease. Further, due to its Micro Diameter Design (MD), it has a very thin running line for minimum friction while casting, very high line speeds, great shooting properties and an impressive casting distance. Therefore, it will easily shoot gigantic pike flies in a very efficient way. It is built on a braided low-stretch core for a direct contact to your fly and successful long-distance hook sets – even at maximum casting distance. In addition, it has a so-called handling zone with a length of 4 m. This is a slightly thicker section between running line and head for improved line control while casting and while fishing. Summarized, this sinking version with a sink rate of “S2/S4” is absolutely perfect for fishing very deep spots. Therefore, it can be a real game changer when fishing steep edges and whenever the predators are standing deeper in the water column.
In short: The ArcticSilver MD Compact Beast Fly Line is a great choice for targeting all kinds of predators with large flies. It truly deserves its name since it is a real beast with very powerful casting properties!
- Arctic Silver’s Micro Diameter Design (MD): These fly lines are characterised by an extremely small diameter, ranging from 0,75 mm (#3 to #6) to 0,82 mm (from #7). In other words, they are much thinner than conventional fly lines! This results in lower friction in the rings, excellent wind cutting, hardly any air resistance when casting and of course more space on the reel. In addition, when you lift these lines off the water, it will cause less spray and noise, which reduces the negative effect on the fish. Further, their core consists of a strong line braid, which is connected to the coating in an extremely durable way.
- Modern streamer line with an innovative design and an outstanding casting performance
- Very compact head with a relatively short front taper, powerful casting properties and a strong turnover for casting large streamers
- Shoots weighted flies and gigantic pike tubes with ease
- Thin running line with Micro Diameter Design (MD) for high line speeds and impressive casting distances
- Handling zone with a length of 4 m – a slightly thicker section between running line and head for improved line control while casting and while fishing
- Strong braided core with low-stretch for a perfect power transmission while casting, effective hook sets and a direct contact to the fly
- Multi-colour design for a great orientation while casting and while fishing
- Welded loops with a slim profile on both ends
- Sink rate: sink 2 / sink 4
|Class||Head Length||Head Weight||Total Length||Colour|
||9,14 m||19 g||30 m||Black/Purple|
||9,14 m||21 g||30 m||Black/Purple|
||9,14 m||23 g||30 m||Black/Purple|
First of all, the Norwegian manufacturer ArcticSilver is known for a truly innovative range of fly rods. All of these rods have one unique feature in common: the so-called Free-Flex-System including the Quick-Lock reel seat. This patented design allows the blank to swing inside the handle, which creates outstanding casting and fish fighting properties. In fact, ArcticSilver offers many different models that are suitable for a variety of different fly fishing disciplines – whether casting delicate dry flies for trout or massive streamers for large predators. In addition, ArcticSilver also presents a large selection of modern fly lines that have a very thin diameter due to their so-called Micro Diameter (MD) design. This design allows record-breaking casting distances thanks to minimum friction in the rod guides and hardly any air resistance. In fact, these advantages are not only noticeable in combination with an ArcticSilver fly rod, but also with rods from other manufacturers.