Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
The Amplitude Trout Standard from Scientific Anglers is a fantastic fly line for all types of fishing that require a long-distance presentation – for instance when fishing medium-sized to large streams. It combines an extremely popular taper design and the best materials available for a truly outstanding performance.
First of all, it is equipped with the innovative AST Plus Technology (Advanced Shooting Technology), which is based on an additive that permanently diffuses to the surface of the line in order to maintain its fantastic slickness. Therefore, this line will stay much smoother and it creates less drag than ordinary fly lines. And of course, this technology sets new standards in terms of durability. In addition, it is equipped with the so-called Shooting Texture – a special surface structure that is reminiscent of a golf ball. This structure reduces the friction in the rod guides noticeably, which allows impressive shooting properties and casting distances
But this extraordinary line has even more to offer. It has a mid-length head with a modern taper design which allows delicate presentations and superb casting control – even over long distances. In fact, this does not only apply for the actual casting, but also for continuous mending during the drift. Therefore, this impressive line allows delicate and precise presentations with dry fly or nymph for convincing tricky fish. This makes it the ultimate tool for targeting species such as trout or grayling with different techniques.
In short: The Amplitude Trout Standard is a real pleasure to cast. It makes a successful presentation over medium to long distances much easier – whether with dry fly or nymph. Therefore, it sets new standards for fishing in larger streams and all kinds of lakes!
- Modern all-round fly line with a mid-length head for targeting species such as trout or grayling
- Allows excellent casting control, delicate presentations and precise mending over long distances
- AST Plus Technology for a super smooth coating and outstanding shooting properties, even after countless hours of fishing – sets new standards in terms of durability!
- Improved Dry Tip with extremely high floating coating and a special surface structure called Floating Texture for a perfect presentation and silent lifting without spray
- Running line and head equipped with the so-called Shooting Texture for noticeably reduced friction in the rod guides, which allows impressive shooting properties and casting distances
- Multicolour design with good contrast between running line and head for perfect casting timing and for improved distance control
- Tactile Reference Point: a short section after the transition between running line and head, which literally allows you to feel the perfect casting timing with your hands
- Braided multifilament core for a direct contact to your fly and effective hooksets
- Line ID for easy identification: SA AMPLITUDE STANDARD WF X F (X = line weight)
- Welded front and back loop
- Total length: 27,4 m
- Colour: green / willow / dark willow
Applications [Icon Meanings]
|Class||Head Length||Head Weight|
|# 2||12,8 m||5,8 g|
|# 3||13,7 m||9,1 g|
|# 4||14,6 m||12,3 g|
|# 5||15,5 m||15,6 g|
|# 6||15,5 m||18,8 g|
The American manufacturer Scientific Anglers is known for innovative fly lines that are always ahead of their time. This success story started in 1952 with a ground-breaking invention: the first plastic-coated fly line. In the same manner, Scientific Anglers continues to strive for improvement and innovation. The result of this inspiring company philosophy is an impressive range of premium fly lines and accessories. In addition to modern fly lines, this selection also includes shooting heads, running lines and all kinds of leaders. Therefore, Scientific Anglers offers the perfect line for every type of fishing – whether you’re fishing a trout stream or a saltwater flat!