The Amplitude Smooth Creek Trout is the modern successor of the almost legendary SBT fly line. It combines an extremely popular taper design and the best materials available for a truly outstanding performance.
First of all, it is equipped with the innovative Scientific Anglers AST Plus Technology (Advanced Shooting Technology), which is based on an additive that permanently diffuses to the surface of the line in order to maintain its fantastic slickness. Therefore, this line will stay much smoother and it creates less drag than ordinary fly lines. And of course, this technology sets new standards in terms of durability.
But this extraordinary line has even more to offer, because its compact taper design makes it the ultimate tool for fishing small streams. Due to a relatively high weight distribution towards the front of the line, it will load your rod quickly and it allows perfect roll and Spey casts. This makes it particularly great for small creeks with limited casting space. And due to its powerful casting properties, it will easily transport indicator rigs and weighted streamers. But it still allows delicate presentations in combination with a long leader, which is crucial for targeting tricky fish with a dry fly.
In other words: The Amplitude Smooth Creek Trout is the ultimate all-round fly line that allows you to do whatever the conditions along your favourite trout stream require – no matter what. Without a doubt, this outstanding fly line really deserves the prestigious IFTD-Award “Best of Show” in the category freshwater fly lines!
- Modern fly line with a short head – the perfect choice for fishing smaller streams!
- Relatively high weight distribution towards the front of the line for a quick loading of the rod and perfect roll and Spey casts.
- A full line size heavier to effectively load all kinds of rods
- AST Plus Technology for a super smooth coating and outstanding shooting properties, even after countless hours of fishing – sets new standards in terms of durability!
- Improved Dry Tip with extremely high floating coating for a perfect presentation and silent lifting without spray
- Very practical handling line – a slightly thicker section between running line and head for improved line control while casting and while fishing
- Multicolour design with good contrast between running line and head for perfect casting timing and for improved distance control
- Line ID for easy identification: SA AMP S CREEK TROUT WF X F (X = line weight)
- Welded front and back loop
- Total length: 27,4 m
- Colour: moss / leather / willow
|Class||Head Length||Head Weight|
|# 2||6,6 m||6,5 g|
|# 3||6,7 m||7,8 g|
|# 4||7,0 m||9,1 g|
|# 5||7,3 m||10,4 g|
|# 6||7,6 m||12,0 g|
The American manufacturer Scientific Anglers is known for innovative fly lines that are always ahead of their time. This success story started in 1952 with a ground-breaking invention: the first plastic-coated fly line. In the same manner, Scientific Anglers continues to strive for improvement and innovation. The result of this inspiring company philosophy is an impressive range of premium fly lines and accessories. In addition to modern fly lines, this selection also includes shooting heads, running lines and all kinds of leaders. Therefore, Scientific Anglers offers the perfect line for every type of fishing – whether you’re fishing a trout stream or a saltwater flat!