UST SD Scandi shooting heads (Ultimate Scandi Taper – Seamless Desnity) have been specifically developed for European salmon- and sea trout fisheries and are the product of the cooperation between Scientific Anglers and FFE. The aim was developing a line for hardcore fly-fishers that would make thousands of casts feel effortless – the result is an astoundingly ‘fishy’ line with great casting performance.
UST SD Scandi heads feature a powerful taper with strong turnover to present weighted flies and long leaders with authority and precision. The Seamless Density technology provides a super-smooth transition between different densities, eliminating hinging and providing a straight line connection to the fly. A Vibrantly colored tracer at the rear end of the head further improves the control of the swing on distance presentations and in low light conditions. Scientific Anglers typical textured line coating allows the line to be easily lifted from the depth before the next cast.
- Scandi shooting head for European salmon- and sea trout fisheries
- Powerful taper designed to load modern rods
- Turns over heavy flies and long leaders while maintaining a precise delivery of the fly.
- Vibrantly colored tracer at the rear end of the head for full control of the swing on distance or in low light conditions.
- The Seamless Density sinking technology provides a super-smooth transition between different densities, eliminating hinging and providing a straight line connection to the fly.
- Exceptional long sinking tips ensure deep and controlled presentations of the fly.
- Shooting Texture allows the line to be easily lifted from the depth before the next cast.
- Color: Orange / Bamboo / Charcoal
- Length: 11,3 m – 12,5 m
- Already looped on both ends for easy rigging
Floating shooting head for fishing high up close to the surface.
This shooting head presents the fly right below the water surface. The floating back end enables a better control when mending the line.
Same qualities as the float./int. but presenting the fly a bit deeper.
Floating shooting head with a sinking front section for deep standing fish and when fly speed is the key.
Performs much more like a classic Skagit constellation. The tips goes down deep, while the body stays up and gives you a good mending and visual performance.
Great for fishing slower waters just below the surface.
A shooting head that cuts through surface immediately to enably the tip to sink fast and deep. The intermediate section reduces influences by the current.Favorite for medium pools and current.
sink3/sink4 up to sink7/sink8
Sinking shooting heads for deep pools and strong current to get your fly down fast.
|7/8||31 g (480 grain)||11,3 m|
|8/9||35 g (540 grain)||11,7 m|
|9/10||39 g (600 grain)||12,1 m|
|10/11||44 g (680 grain)||12,5 m|