Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
The Rio Scandi VersiTip Body is a modern shooting head for swinging flies for salmon, sea trout or steelhead. It has a relatively compact design that offers powerful casting properties. In fact, it combines the power of a Skagit head and the delicate presentation of a Scandi shooting head. In other words: the best of two worlds! Therefore, it is very easy to cast, even if there isn’t enough space for a perfect anchor. In addition, all double-handed casting styles can be used to achieve tight loops and impressive distances.
Due to its innovative design, it transports all kinds of tips with ease – for example Rio MOW-Tips, iMOW-Tips, VersiLeaders, T-Tips or tips from other manufacturers. Therefore, it is the perfect centrepiece for an individual multi-tip system that can be configured to match your preferences and a specific type of river. In fact, this floating version is perfect for rather shallow pools and for a fast presentation close to the surface. Thus, it is also great for warmer water temperatures during the summer months.
In short: The Rio Scandi VersiTip Body is compact, powerful and a real pleasure to cast. Combined with a selection of different tips, it enables very effective fishing while offering the highest amount of flexibility. Therefore, it allows you to do whatever the conditions require – no matter what!
- Very versatile Scandi shooting head for targeting salmon and sea trout in the river – the centrepiece of your individual multi-tip system!
- Compact design for powerful casting properties and impressive casting distances
- Transports all kinds of tips with a length of up to 15 ft with ease – for example Rio MOW-Tips, iMOW-Tips, VersiLeaders, T-Tips or tips from other manufacturers!
- Extreme Slickness Technology: A super slick and extremely durable coating for an outstanding casting performance and impressive durability!
- ConnectCore: Impressive low-stretch core for a perfect power transmission while casting, effective hook sets and a direct contact to the fly!
- EasyID for a quick and easy identification of the line
- Extremely reliable, welded front and back loop
- Sinking rate: floating
- Colour: straw
|# 6||305 grain (19,8 g)||7 m (23 ft)||Float|
|# 6/7||325 grain (21,1 g)||7 m (23 ft)||Float|
|# 7||350 grain (22,7 g)||7 m (23 ft)||Float|
|# 7/8||375 grain (24,3 g)||7 m (23 ft)||Float|
|# 8||400 grain (25,9 g)||7 m (23 ft)||Float|
|# 8/9||425 grain (27,5 g)||7 m (23 ft)||Float|
|# 9||455 grain (29,4 g)||7 m (23 ft)||Float|
|# 10||500 grain (32,4 g)||7,3 m (24 ft)||Float|
|# 11||540 grain (35,0 g)||7,6 m (25 ft)||Float|
Established back in 1990, the American manufacturer Rio Products is known worldwide for premium fly lines. They are made in Idaho (USA) and they set new standards in many different ways due to the patented Rio technologies. In fact, they offer a truly outstanding performance and great durability. Therefore, they will easily please the most demanding fly fishermen. In addition to modern fly lines, this impressive selection also includes shooting heads, running lines and all kinds of leaders. Therefore, Rio offers the perfect line for every type of fishing – whether you’re fishing a trout stream or a saltwater flat!