The Rio Scandi VersiTip Body is a modern shooting head for swinging flies for salmon, sea trout or steelhead. It has a relatively compact design that offers powerful casting properties. In fact, it combines the power of a Skagit head and the delicate presentation of a Scandi shooting head. In other words: the best of two worlds! Therefore, it is very easy to cast, even if there isn’t enough space for a perfect anchor. In addition, all double-handed casting styles can be used to achieve tight loops and impressive distances.
Due to its innovative design, it transports all kinds of tips with ease – for example Rio MOW-Tips, iMOW-Tips, VersiLeaders, T-Tips or tips from other manufacturers. Therefore, it is the perfect centrepiece for an individual multi-tip system that can be configured to match your preferences and a specific type of river. In fact, this floating/intermediate version is perfect for shallow to medium deep pools and for a fast presentation close to the surface. Thus, it is also great for warmer water temperatures during the summer months.
In short: The Rio Scandi VersiTip Body is compact, powerful and a real pleasure to cast. Combined with a selection of different tips, it enables very effective fishing while offering the highest amount of flexibility. Therefore, it allows you to do whatever the conditions require – no matter what!
- Very versatile Scandi shooting head for targeting salmon and sea trout in the river – the centrepiece of your individual multi-tip system!
- Compact design for powerful casting properties and impressive casting distances
- Transports all kinds of tips with a length of up to 15 ft with ease – for example Rio MOW-Tips, iMOW-Tips, VersiLeaders, T-Tips or tips from other manufacturers!
- Extreme Slickness Technology: A super slick and extremely durable coating for an outstanding casting performance and impressive durability!
- ConnectCore: Impressive low-stretch core for a perfect power transmission while casting, effective hook sets and a direct contact to the fly!
- EasyID for a quick and easy identification of the line
- Extremely reliable, welded front and back loop
- Sinking rate: floating / intermediate (3 m)
- Colour: straw / clear camo
|# 7||350 grain (22,7 g)||7 m (23 ft)||Float|
|# 8||400 grain (25,9 g)||7 m (23 ft)||Float|
|# 9||455 grain (29,4 g)||7 m (23 ft)||Float|
|# 10||510 grain (32,4 g)||7,3 m (24 ft)||Float|
|# 11||575 grain (35,0 g)||7,6 m (25 ft)||Float|