Not sure what size to buy? No worries! Specify your „Street shoe size" down here and we'll check the selected size. If necessary we'll choose the perfect size for you.
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
With the ambitious goal in mind of creating the best wading boot of today, Patagonia cooperated with DANNER, a traditional company with over 100 years of shoe making experience – known for their handmade, topnotch quality produced in the USA. This innovative cooperation merged DANNERS know-how in handsewn, welted boots and Patagonia's expertise in fly fishing specific product development – two large players of the industry questing for ultimate quality. Unsurprisingly, the result is an exceptionally robust and comfortable boot with unprecedented longevity that will satisfy the demands of even the most hardcore fly fishing enthusiasts. Further, the new DANNER Boots are not only produced with highest quality standards using first class materials, but also true to Patagonia's philosophy of creating long-lived, repairable products that wont go to waste until the materials are truly worn and exhausted – sure thing, these boots can be resoled and repaired when worn out! Already the first announcement of the new DANNER Boot from Patagonia made quite a splash in the international fly fishing scene – for a good reason!
Before Patagonia could build the best wading boots they ever made, the word “best” had to be defined. After much collaboration with designers, ambassadors and anglers from around the world, not to mention countless hours of in-the-water research, here’s what they came up with:
- The best wading boots need to be ultra-comfortable and supportive for long days in heavy water.
- They should grip subsurface terrain, muddy trails and the occasional cross-stream log.
- They must drain quickly and avoid holding excess water.
- And on top of being tough as nails, they need a lifetime measured in decades.
- Finally, as everyone would agree all agreed, they need to look cool.
Once Patagonia knew exactly what they wanted, the world-renowned Danner Boots came into the frame. They combined ly-fishing experience with Danner’s legendary quality and craftsmanship to create a wading boot beyond all others – each one proudly made by hand.
Foot Tractor Wading Boots feature a flexible, waterproof full-grain leather providing foot-conforming comfort, support and protection, while stitch-down construction creates a wide, stable base that’s easily resoled when the need arises. The adjustable lacing system has traditional eyelets across the forefoot and speed lacing through the ankle; the speed lacing provides easy tightening, supports the ankle when wading on uneven surfaces and helps lock the heel in place.
Aluminium Bar: For ultimate traction on anything but sheet ice or untextured slate or shale, strategically shaped aluminum bars bite through river slime with superb grip, while the surrounding Vibram® Idrogrip sole conforms to rock texture for additional hold.
DANNER Boots are handmade in Portland, Oregon from high quality imported parts. Without a doubt these boots are the best, most durable and comfortable pairs that Patagonia has ever produced. Anyone valuing quality and sustainability will be able to justify the price that Patagonia is asking for this outstanding pair of wading boots.
- Handmade wading boots with Aluminium Bar sole
- Waterproof full-grain leather treated with a PFC-free saline solution tanning process for improved resistance to breakdown, even in salt water
- The leather can be reconditioned as necessary
- Tough 1,000-denier nylon paneling provides excellent abrasion resistance
- Upper is stitched to 5mm rubber midsole for stability underfoot
- A second, lower midsole is made from water-resistant polyether polyurethane that adds additional comfort and support
- Adjustable lacing system has traditional eyelets across the forefoot and speed lacing through the ankle
- The speed lacing provides easy tightening, supports the ankle and helps lock the heel in place
- Perforated drains on both sides of boot upper clear water quickly
- For faster dry times, upper design is free from unnecessary foams and backer
- Stitch-down construction creates a wider platform for more stability, helps protect the boot sidewall and allows the boots to be resoled by Danner
- Vibram® Idrogrip sole compound specially developed for maximum grip on wet surfaces
- The sole offers great all-around traction for long approaches and mixed streambed footing such as rock, gravel and mud
- Patented aluminum bars are hard enough to cut through slime and soft enough to conform to rock surfaces
- Upper: full-grain leather with 1,000-denier 100% nylon paneling
- Lining: 67% polyester/33% nylon
- Top midsole: 8IR rubber
- Lower midsole: polyether polyurethane
- Outsole: Vibram® Idrogrip with aluminum bars
- Color: Feather Grey (FGE)
- Weight: ca. 2460 g
Find your regular shoe size or the foot length in cm in the right-hand columns and order the corresponding US size in the first column.
|US size||UK size||EUR size||Foot length in cm|