Whether you’re standing in your local river during a hot summer day or in the warm water of the Caribbean: A reliable sun protection is essential when you are exposed to the dangers of the sun. Therefore, we highly recommend the Simms Solarflex Guide Cooling Hoody – the perfect companion for unforgettable moments in the sun!
At first, this hoody looks like a normal garment – but it isn’t! In fact, this design masterpiece is equipped with the latest SolarFlex® technology, which turns it into a very effective protection against the harmful rays of the sun due to a UPF50 sun protection factor. This extensive protection also includes a relatively large hood that can easily be worn over a cap. Furthermore, it has an integrated neck gaiter, which can be pulled up to your sunglasses in order to take refuge from the sun. This creates the perfect all-round sun protection. But there is more to it than that, because this hoody is made of the innovative “brrr° Nylon”. This unique material has a scientifically proven cooling effect, which makes it extremely nice on warm days. Further, the athletic cut and the stretch material provide a truly outstanding wearing comfort and great freedom of movement. Last but not least, due to the typical Simms premium quality, it is simply one of the best outdoor garments.
Summarized, the Simms Solarflex Guide Cooling Hoody combines all advantages of the SolarFlex® technology and the “brrr° Nylon” for a truly outstanding performance. Therefore, it allows you to enjoy the fishing despite the tropical heat and the blazing sun!
- Very comfortable hoody with an incredible performance – perfect for fly fishing and other outdoor activities!
- Sun protection factor UPF50 due to the effective SolarFlex® technology
- Scientifically proven cooling effect due to the “brrr° Nylon” and therefore extremely nice on warm days
- Stretch material and athletic cut for perfect freedom of movement while casting and great wearing comfort
- Articulated, relatively large hood – can easily be worn over a cap!
- Hood can be secured with snaps to keep it in place during fast boat rides
- Integrated neck gaiter for a perfect all-round sun protection with an elastic strap to hold it in place and breathing holes that allow great air circulation, which prevents your glasses from fogging up!
- Long sleeves with thumb loops for additional protection
- Large, zippered back pocket for storing accessories close at hand
- Quickly drying and wicking material
- Material: 94% “brrr° Nylon” and 6% elastane with a thickness of 145 g/m2
- Colour: cinder
On adh-world you find a lot of useful information about sun protection.
„Similar to all other outdoor activities and sports performed on the water, a proper protection from dangerous UV radiation plays a big role in fly fishing too. Especially in the summer months when sun's intensity is the strongest.“
Established back in 1980, the American manufacturer Simms is known for high-quality wading gear and accessories. These products have a stylish and practice-oriented design for maximum functionality. Further, their premium quality provides them with impressive durability. Thus, these garments, bags and accessories will accompany you for years – season after season. Without a doubt, these products are made for long-term use, and therefore they will easily please the most demanding fly fishermen.