A super cold day at the Baltic coast, freezing temperatures when searching for Hucho hucho or winter grayling on the river ... when temperatures drop, grab this lightweight yet superwarm Zip-Neck to insulate your core and manage moisture without weighing you down.
The micro-grid fleece interior of Patagonia's Capilene® Thermal Weight provides the greatest warmth with the greatest breathability of any baselayer in Patagonia's lineup. Soft, stretchy and compressible, Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric has a smooth face that glides beneath layers and a brushed-fleece interior to warm your core, wick moisture and feel smooth against your skin. This fabric also has ca. 90% recycled content and is treated with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Product features include a long center-front zipper vents body heat, a locker loop that lets you hang it to dry, full underarm gussets for unhindered shoulder mobility, elastic thumb loops for secure hand coverage, flatlock seams that minimize chafing, offset shoulder and side seams that lie smoothly beneath pack straps, and a drop tail for additional coverage.
Much more than just an ordinary Longsleeve. This highly functional garment is the perfect baselayer for a long, cold day on the water and can be easily combined with other breathable fabrics.
- Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control
- Smooth face for easy layering
- Ffabric’s open-grid pattern next to skin provides superior warmth, breathability and moisture-wicking performance
- Spandex for stretch and ease of movement
- Long center-front zipper vents body heat
- Locker loop for hang drying
- Offset shoulder seams eliminate chafing under pack straps
- Full underarm gusset for range of motion and chafe-free comfort
- Elastic thumb loops help cover hands
- Flatlock seams minimize chafing
- Drop tail for increased coverage
- Weight: ca. 175 g
- Color: Forge Grey Feather Grey X-Dye (FGX)
About Patagonia Capilene® Polyester Baselayers:
Patagonia’s multifunctional, durable and easy-layering Capilene® polyester baselayers wick moisture away from your skin, breathe efficiently and dry fast to provide a foundation of comfort and temperature regulation for any pursuit. They also feature Polygiene® permanent odor control that stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less. Exclusive, recycled-content fabrics highlight the environmental position of the Capilene line, and all of Patagonia’s baselayers are recycleable through their Common Threads Recycling Program. All fabrics are also bluesign® approved, ensuring the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
Capilene baselayers are made in three weights for different levels of exertion and temperatures:
- Capilene® Thermal Weight (TW) is the warmest, most breathable polyester baselayer with minimal bulk. The Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric has a smooth face for easy layering and contains 30-92% recycled polyester.
- Capilene® Midweight (MW) is the most versatile baselayer with the greatest comfort range. It hits the sweet spot of weight, breathability and wicking that, worn alone or with additional layers, is the essence of versatility. Constructed with a Polartec Power Grid fabric with 93% recycled polyester content, it has a smooth face for easy layering and a brushed-back grid that aids in wicking as well as warmth.
- Capilene® Lightweight (LW) is the lightest-weight, fastest-drying and best-wicking baselayer. The 100% recycled polyester fabric has a subtle grid pattern that sits lightly and comfortably on the skin, and a smooth outer face that glides easily in any layering system.