Without a doubt, proper clothing is crucial when it comes to fly fishing during the colder months. Continuous rain and cold temperatures can end a fishing trip earlier than planned. Luckily, the waterproof, windproof and breathable Simms Challenger Insulated Jacket enables relaxed and focused fishing during awfully bad and extremely challenging weather!
This high-quality fishing jacket made of modern materials offers all features needed for enjoying the cold days: an effective Primaloft® Silver insulation, a 100% waterproof and breathable Toray® material, an insulated storm hood with a high collar and two cosy hand-warmer pockets. Therefore, it definitely keeps you dry and it provides pleasant warmth – the perfect combination for cold days. In the meantime, the comfortable hand-warmer pockets will make your fishing breaks even more relaxing. Since it is slightly longer compared to a classic wading jacket, it’s also great for fishing without waders – for example when fishing from a boat. Furthermore, the athletic cut provides a perfect fit and great wearing comfort. And due to the truly outstanding quality, this jacket will accompany you for years – season after season.
Whatever you’re targeting: The colder months provide a lot of great fishing opportunities. Therefore, the Simms Challenger Insulated Jacket will protect you against the cold and rain for truly enjoyable fishing activities!
- Modern fishing jacket with a well-thought-out design – waterproof, windproof, breathable and insulated!
- 100% waterproof and breathable Toray® material for a very reliable performance
- Effective Primaloft® Silver insulation with a fill rate of 120 g/m² in body and 100 g/m² in hood and sleeves
- Slightly longer body compared to a classic wading jacket
- Athletic cut for a perfect fit and great wearing comfort
- Streamlined design to prevent line snagging
- 3-point adjustable, insulated storm hood with a high collar for perfect weather protection in harsh conditions
- Zippered chest pocket for storing accessories close at hand
- Two cosy hand-warmer pockets with zippers
- Additional zippered internal pocket and an internal mesh pocket
- Removable sunglass chamois
- High-quality front zipper with waterproof storm flap
- Extremely abrasion resistant elbow panels made of nylon for outstanding durability
- Adjustable wrist cuffs that keep the warmth in and cold out
- Adjustable drawcord bottom hem
- D-ring for attaching accessories – can be used as a so-called “kill switch” for attaching the boat key for safety reasons
- Reflective elements for safety
- Fully taped seams
- Material: 2-layer Toray® material made of 100% nylon with a water-resistant DWR coating (Durable Water Repellent); 50D lining made of 100% polyester with a thickness of 74 g/m2 and a water-resistant DWR coating
- Colour: Regiment Camo Carbon
Established back in 1980, the American manufacturer Simms is known for high-quality wading gear and accessories. These products have a stylish and practice-oriented design for maximum functionality. Further, their premium quality provides them with impressive durability. Thus, these garments, bags and accessories will accompany you for years – season after season. Without a doubt, these products are made for long-term use, and therefore they will easily please the most demanding fly fishermen.