The Micro Puff® Hoody by Patagonia has the best warmth-to-weight ratio of any insulation jacket on the market. This ultra-lightweight, water-repellent hoody is insulated with PlumaFill synthetic fibres, a revolutionary material that is almost as light and warm as down. This makes this jacket ideal as an insulation layer under a wading jacket or as an outer layer on dry days.
This unprecedented combination of warmth (even when wet), minimal weight and compressibility combines the versatility of synthetic fibres with the benefits and comfort of down. The revolutionary PlumaFill insulation (65 g/m² made from 100% polyester) is feather-light and compressible. It insulates almost as well as down - even when wet. The Pertex Quantum® outer fabric made of ripstop nylon with DWR (durable waterproof repellent) impregnation blocks wind and snow. The cut optimises performance and minimises unnecessary bulk. An innovative quilted construction supports thermal performance by stabilising the PlumaFill strands for maximum insulation with minimal seams. This means there are no cold bridges. Other features of the Patagonia Micro Puff Hoody Jacket include two zippered handwarmer pockets (the left one functions as a pack pouch with reinforced carabiner loop), two slim, open interior pockets (combined with the inside of the handwarmer pockets to save fabric), a sleek, lightweight hood and elastic at the hem and cuffs.
If you're looking for an extremely lightweight yet very warm jacket, the Micro Puff Hoody by Patagonia is your first choice. This jacket for environmentally conscious fly fishers is so functional that we don't just wear it on the fishing water!
- Ultra-lightweight insulation jacket with great thermal performance.
- The ultra-light Pertex Quantum® outer material made of ripstop nylon with DWR (durable water repellent) impregnation is extremely wind-resistant and water-repellent
- Revolutionary lightweight PlumaFill synthetic continuous-fibre insulation with the structure of down combines the warmth and compressibility of down with the moisture resistance of synthetic insulation
- Innovative quilted construction aids thermal performance by stabilising PlumaFill strands for maximum insulation with minimal seams
- Front zip with wind flap and slider cover at chin for best comfort
- Features two piped zipped handwarmer pockets and two large open inner pockets
- Left pocket doubles as a pack pouch and has a sturdy loop for clipping into the carabiner
- Simple, lightweight hood
- Elastic cuffs and an elastic hem retain warmth
- Fair Trade Certified™
- Weight: approx. 265 g
- Colour: Smolder Blue (SMDB)
Everything you need to know about layering can be found on adh-world.
„Fortunately, it is not difficult at all to dress for fishing in cold temperatures. With just a few tricks for the right combination of suitable items of clothing, we are well equipped for cold, wind and rain. The basic idea is simple and familiar from other outdoor activities: Layering.“