Under the motto "Sustainable Fly Fishing", the Scandinavian manufacturer Guideline presents a truly impressive collection that sets new standards in terms of environmentally conscious production methods.
Sustainable Fly Fishing
In accordance with an exemplary principle, their entire manufacturing process leaves the smallest possible "ecological footprint". In the spirit of sustainability, all products are manufactured almost entirely without questionable materials and substances - whether waders, lines or rods. True to the "green" spirit of our times, many sustainable and recycled materials and non-toxic paints are also used - a great improvement that benefits the environment and therefore our beloved waters.
The new Guideline fly lines, for example, bear witness to the exemplary rethinking of the Scandinavians. To the benefit of the environment, these will in future be supplied without plastic spools and with only minimal packaging, which alone saves 1.2 tonnes of plastic every year - a simple but extremely effective approach. Furthermore, these lines have an environmentally friendly, PVC-free coating without plasticizers. This also gives them impressive wear resistance for a long life - in line with sustainability and the angler.
Guideline also presents the Elevation series, probably the most environmentally friendly carbon fibre fly rods of all time. The models not only convince us with their innovative manufacturing process, but also in practice they easily meet the demands of demanding fly fishers - both in one-handed and two-handed use. These are therefore the perfect rods for environmentally conscious fly fishers who also attach great importance to excellent performance.
The basic idea of Guideline has a very positive effect on all areas of the Scandinavian cult brand. These environmentally conscious approaches include the following measures, among others:
- A renunciation of questionable substances and a targeted use of environmentally friendly materials in the course of sustainable production
- Innovative, environmentally friendly manufacturing processes with the lowest possible water consumption and minimum emission of pollutants
- A minimization of the formation of microplastics during the production and application of the products
- A considerable reduction in packaging material - for example, rod handles will no longer be packed in plastic in future
- More compact packaging to reduce CO2 emissions during transport
- An increased use of recycled materials - especially in the area of packaging
- The development of products with a long life for an even more sustainable use of the resources used
In addition, Guideline has set itself further goals for a continuous improvement of the environmental balance and for minimizing the "ecological footprint". But it is not only with regard to environmentally friendly manufacturing processes that this brand is setting a good example. The considerable commitment to projects to protect the environment with special attention to our beloved waters is evidence of the great sense of Guideline's responsibility.
One thing in particular should be emphasized here: In the course of this environmentally conscious manufacturing process, no concessions are made with regard to the functionality and performance of the new products. Therefore, we are not only impressed by the environmental balance, but also by the first-class performance and the impressive durability of the entire new Guideline collection!