The Micro Puff® Hoody by Patagonia has the best warmth-to-weight ratio of any insulation jacket on the market. This ultra-lightweight, water-repellent hoody is insulated with PlumaFill synthetic fibres, a revolutionary material that is almost as light and warm as down. This makes it perfect as an insulating layer under a wading jacket or as an outer layer on dry days. We introduce you to the latest generation of the Micro Puff family with NetPlus made from recycled fishing nets.
Our beloved oceans, habitat for many fish that are very popular with us anglers, are suffocating in plastic waste. A full 8.8 tonnes of plastic waste is estimated to be thrown into the oceans every year. And fishing nets are one of the most damaging forms of this pollution. Around 650,000 marine animals get caught in so-called ghost nets every year. This makes the use of NetPlus materials in Patagonia products all the more important!
NetPlus material is a recycled nylon material extracted from fishing nets that are no longer used. NetPlus Material is extracted by working closely with fishermen to keep or remove hundreds of tonnes of discarded nets from the sea each year. The nets are sorted, cleaned and shredded in Chile and then processed into 100% recycled nylon pellets known as NetPlus. These pellets can then be transformed into moulded plastic products, components or fibres and find a new, sustainable use! Among others, in the latest generation of Micro Puff jackets.
Micro Puff jackets from Patagonia offer an unmatched combination of warmth (even when wet), minimal weight and compressibility. These jackets combine the versatility of synthetic fibres with the benefits and comfort of down. The revolutionary PlumaFill insulation (65 g/m² made from 100% polyester) is feather-light and compressible. It insulates almost as well as down - even when wet. An optimal solution for a wide temperature spectrum and reliable insulation in the layering system.The NetPlus outer fabric made from ripstop nylon with DWR (durable waterproof repellent) impregnation blocks wind and snow. The cut optimises performance and minimises unnecessary bulk. An innovative quilted construction supports thermal performance by stabilising the PlumaFill strands for maximum insulation with minimal seams. This means there are no cold bridges.
Micro Puff Jackts:
- Ultra-lightweight insulation jacket with great thermal performance.
- The ultra-light NetPlus outer material made of ripstop nylon with DWR (durable water repellent) impregnation is extremely wind-resistant and water-repellent
- Outer material made from 100% recycled fabrics obtained from old fishing nets (NetPlus)
- Revolutionary lightweight PlumaFill synthetic continuous-fibre insulation with the structure of down combines the warmth and compressibility of down with the moisture resistance of synthetic insulation
- Innovative quilted construction aids thermal performance by stabilising PlumaFill strands for maximum insulation with minimal seams
- Front zip with wind flap and slider cover at chin for best comfort
- Features two piped zipped handwarmer pockets and two large open inner pockets
- Left pocket doubles as a pack pouch and has a sturdy loop for clipping into the carabiner
- Simple, lightweight hood
- Elastic cuffs and an elastic hem retain warmth
- Fair Trade Certified™
- Weight: approx. 265 g
- Regular Fit
If you're looking for an extremely lightweight yet very warm jacket, then any of Patagonia's Micro Puff jackets are your first choice. This jacket for eco-conscious fly fishers is so functional that we don't just wear it on the fishing water.